Wednesday, October 28, 2009

sleep and restlessness


I've been feeling sort of restless lately. I guess I feel like there's something that I should be doing that I'm forgetting to do. One of my friends cleverly suggested that it might be homework. In other news, I ended a friendship this week.

But really. I feel a little off my groove. I keep having dreams of being at home, and in my dream I'm like, "This is awesome! I hope this isn't a dream." And then I wake up in my dorm room with my blankets on the floor. Dang it. This is the form that my homesickness is taking, I suppose. I can't even really explain it.

Anyways...on a brighter note, I like most of the people in my dorm a lot. The things that I like in people are the same regardless of who they are or where I am. I keep noticing some of the same mannerisms in my friends here that my friends at home have. Weird!

To sum up my time here:
I hate the word "over-arching." Find a new word, SLE kids. As long as it's not "dichotomy."
I wish philosophy were easier to understand. To be frank, my feelings toward Platonic thought are less than platonic. More like hatred.
I want to be more cultured.

P.S. to my family. I do my homework. Don't worry.

5 comments:

  1. I lol'd at that frienship joke.
    also, that picture looks like ghetto pooh bear. SOOO QYOOT!

    love you/miss you/i'm excited for franksgivings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get that the friendship thing was a joke at first. I was all worried. Maybe you should notate when you are joking for those of us old folks not so quick on the uptake.

    I guess the dichotomy between you and me is more over-arching than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i missed the friendship joke too. and i was all kinds of curious who you ditched. but i agree about philosophy. i get Plato but it seemed to me like all subsequent reasonable thought was so circular. probably too broad a statement. i get Plato and John Locke. Thats it. my worst word of college was reconstitute.

    ps. are you flying home for tofurkey day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. i love reading your blog, as well as all your sisters blogs, because i think you're all so clever and funny. even your comments are hilarity. too bad i have nothing to offer up but know i'm appreciative. i'm sorry you're feeling homesick:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I* got the friendship joke! Ha ha! And I laughed out loud really weirdly in the studio, and it probably made people nervous. But I don't care! Love you, sista. You make me wanna start a blogochka.

    ReplyDelete